harley recruitment consultancy limited
Unit 6, Abbotts business Park, Primrose hill, Kings Langley, Hertfordshire, WD4 8FR
tel: 01923 665680 fax: 01923 679843
Job Reference Number:J2726
Employment Type: Permanent
Salary: £26,000 + Plus Benefits
Overall Purpose of Role
• To process payroll ensuring that all data is accurate and input in a timely manner.
• Maintain relationships with all payroll and HR contacts at sites within the business.
• Be aware of expected standards of quality and timeliness of data submitted to the payroll office and report any shortcomings to the payroll manager.
• Assist in ensuring that all data is verified prior to final submission of payrolls.
• Maintain an up to date knowledge of relevant legislation.
• Input all data changes into the payroll systems in a timely manner.
• Ensure compliance with HMRC legislation in terms of SSP, SMP, SPP and SAP.
• Check all input produced for other payroll processed within Department.
• Upload timesheets from the sites/departments into the payroll system.
• Send copy payslips to sites/departments for checking prior to live pay-run.
• Send payslips to sites to arrive by payday.
• Send P45’s to leavers.
• Ensure filling is completed after each pay run into employee’s personal files.
• Respond to information requests from non-statutory bodies in a timely manner.
• Deal with ad-hoc requests for information from within the organisation.
• Assist with periodic testing of software updates.
• Ensure that court order payments are paid within the correct pay run
• Ensure other third party payments, i.e. BUPA/Pensions and Life Assurance are paid in a timely manner after each pay run.
• Provide ad-hoc reports, i.e. costing report and journal for management accounts as and when requested.
• Resolve payroll queries and refer to payroll controller where necessary.
• Ensure the security of data on the system and be aware of data protection act.
• Must be numerate and literate and able to use Microsoft XP (Excel, Word, Email)
• Payroll experience essential
• Must be able to demonstrate a flexible approach to work.
• Must be well organised.
• Must demonstrate determination to achieve desired results.
• Must be articulate, both written and verbal.
• Good communication skills, able to deal with employee’s at all levels.
• Must be customer focused.
• Must be a team player.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.